What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Connect to a server running trunk with BOSH
What do you see instead?
Apr 28 11:21:55 anon.jabberfr.org:bosh debug Handling new request table: 0x55ebeb9d32a0: <body xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/httpbind" content="text/xml; charset=utf-8" hold="1" route="xmpp:jabber.fr:5223"
to="jabber.fr" wait="30" xml:lang="de" xmpp:version="1.0" ver="1.6" xmlns:xmpp="urn:xmpp:xbosh" rid="160977786294374" ack="1" newkey="bfe4f018995214f7c7b5aef01bc6d94862eea2bc" />
Apr 28 11:21:55 anon.jabberfr.org:bosh debug BOSH body open (sid: <none>)
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
trunk version c63db78f4ae0 from 2 months and 1 week ago.
Please provide any additional information below.
XEP says sid MUST NOT be in the inital body, so looking for it there seems wrong
Further logs which i didnt post
Apr 28 11:21:55 anon.jabberfr.org:bosh warn Unable to associate request with a session (incomplete request?)
Apr 28 11:21:55 anon.jabberfr.org:bosh debug Request destroyed: table: 0x55ec0192e140
Apr 28 11:21:55 socket debug try to close client connection with id: 55ebd1d70d50
Apr 28 11:21:55 socket debug closing delayed until writebuffer is empty
Apr 28 11:21:55 socket debug closing client after writing
Apr 28 11:21:55 socket debug closing client with id: 55ebd1d70d50 client to close
Thanks for the report.
IIRC in the chatroom we determined that this is a regression casued by #402
I tested and we did not see either of these 2 new debug messages
I'm moved from 0.10.2 to trunk on Debian stretch via the prosody-provided trunk version (refreshed last night), and I realized bosh was no longer working.
I had a look at the debug logs, and saw one of the messages that were added in the mentioned change: Ignoring this request.
Note that I have a proxy redirection in place via my webserver towards port 5280, which worked well on 0.10.2.
As a matter of fact, GET requests still work, only POST requests fail.
See full log below:
Sep 02 11:33:55 socket debug server.lua: accepted new client connection from 127.0.0.1:41276 to 5280
Sep 02 11:33:55 http.server debug Firing event: POST localhost/http-bind/
Sep 02 11:33:55 localhost:bosh debug Handling new request table: 0x55a07a0b8380: <body rid='123456' xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/httpbind' to='biboumail.fr' xml:lang='en' wait='60' hold='1' content='text/xml; charset=utf-8' ver='1.6' xmpp:version='1.0' xmlns:xmpp='urn:xmpp:xbosh'/>
Sep 02 11:33:55 localhost:bosh debug BOSH body open (sid: <none>)
Sep 02 11:33:55 localhost:bosh debug Ignoring this request
Sep 02 11:33:55 localhost:bosh debug Request destroyed: table: 0x55a07a0b8820
Sep 02 11:33:56 biboumail.fr:mam debug Removing old messages for user "xmpp-test"
Sep 02 11:33:57 socket debug server.lua: client 127.0.0.1:41276 read error: closed
Sep 02 11:33:57 socket debug server.lua: closed client handler and removed socket from list
Per your log you are talking to the host 'localhost'. It does not serve BOSH for 'biboumail.fr'. What you see is the fix for #371 working as intended.
I believe this issue, #1134, to be about a case where the BOSH URL for all hosts really is configured to be identical, in which case dispatch to the correct host does not work as intended.
You're right, sorry for the noise…
MattJ on the chatroom helped me realize there was some additional config needed at web server level to preserve the host while proxying, the behaviour of BOSH having changed due to #371 as you mentioned.