#1296 mod_motd does not send MOTD set in configuration on Prosody versions 10.x or 11.x
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Install Prosody versions 10.x or 11.x.
2. Add `"motd";` to `modules_enabled` section of `/etc/prosody/prosody.cfg.lua` configuration file.
3. Configure a value for `motd_text` such as `motd_text = [[This should be sent to users upon login but is not.]]`
4. Reload Prosody using `sudo prosodyctl reload`
What is the expected output?
On every login, a user should receive a message from the default MOTD JID containing the text: "This should be sent to users upon login but is not."
What do you see instead?
Nothing; no MOTD is sent.
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Tested on Prosody 0.11.x, 0.10.x, on Debian 9 Stretch.
Please provide any additional information below.
* I have heard reports that the issue does not affect Prosody 0.9.
* Neither reloading nor restarting the server makes any difference; the MOTD is never sent.
* Placing the MOTD in a VirtualHost section instead of the global section makes no difference.