#1743 MUC: user changing nicks fire a "muc-occupant-left" event without corresponding "muc-occupant-joined"
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Create a MUC module that hooks into "muc-occupant-left" and "muc-occupant-joined" events
2. Join a MUC, observe the "muc-occupant-joined" event is fired
3. Change nick, observe the "muc-occupant-left" event is fired, but no new "muc-occupant-joined" event is fired.
What is the expected output?
Either for a corresponding "muc-occupant-joined" event to fire, or some other event to fire (since the occupant is just changing nicks, and not leaving/joining).
Or - for the "muc-occupant-left" event to include information about the nick change (similar to how the component broadcasts it to occupants)?
What do you see instead?
The "muc-occupant-left" is fired.
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
Prosody 0.12.0, Linux
Please provide any additional information below.
Thanks for filing the issue.
One might consider this two separate issues,
- missing 'muc-occupant-changed' event or similar
- muc-occupant-left for nickname change
We'll need to investigate whether this behavior is intentional or not. Nickname changes are really complicated since when you have multiple sessions, different participants will have to see different things happening for it to be consistent.